OVERVIEW: Offers assistance with social services, economic empowerment, homeowner education, family enrichment, senior empowerment, health promotion services, and immigration counseling.
1) SOCIAL SERVICES: Provides assistance with case management, counseling, information and referral, translation & interpretation, and escort services for low to moderate-income individuals and families.
2) ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT: jobs readiness program, financial literacy, and “Assets for Independence” federally matched savings program.
3) HOME OWNER EDUCATION: First-home buyer education program, housing counseling.
4) FAMILY ENRICHMENT PROGRAM: Provides domestic violence victim assistance, marriage and relationship education, marital and couples counseling, marriage mentoring, parenting workshops, a youth empowerment program, and other educational classes such as English language training and computer classes.
5) SENIOR EMPOWERMENT PROGRAM: Offers the Senior Academy (continuing education for seniors) and “Blue-Bird” friendly visitation services for homebound seniors.
6) HEALTH PROMOTION PROGRAM: Provides health education classes, annual health fairs, affordable healthcare services through two community clinics in VA and MD, a health insurance connection program, mental health counseling, alcohol and substance abuse education and counseling, Hepatitis B program, and a breast cancer early detection program.
7) IMMIGRATION PROGRAM: Offers free or low-cost immigration assistance, translation and referrals, and citizenship interview preparation classes.
Additional Location: See separate listing for Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington, Montgomery County.
- 6410 Kenilworth Avenue
- Riverdale, MD 20737
- Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington
- 7700 Little River Turnpike, #406
- Annandale, VA 22003
6410 Kenilworth Avenue
6410 Kenilworth Avenue
Agency: Korean Community Service Center of Greater Washington
Languages Available: Korean, Mandarin
Payment Description: Some programs are free, others offer a fee-for-service, and also offers a sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Services are for low to moderate-income residents. Certain classes and services are offered on a fee-for-service basis for which there are no income restrictions.