OVERVIEW: Provides temporary, emergency shelter, health education, and financial and supportive assistance to individuals and families in Charles and St. Mary's Counties. Satellite Office at 21815-D Three Notch Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653 is open Tuesday-Thursday from 9:30AM-5PM.
1) TAX ASSISTANCE 2021: Provides preparation for 2019 and 2020 income taxes for people who made less than $57,000 in 2020 and live in PG, Charles, St. Mary's, or Calvert Counties. Eligible people must register at the EventBrite page found at www.lifestylesofmd.org/vita, then download and complete the forms listed on the website. They can either download the the TaxesToGo app and upload their documents virtually OR deliver copies of completed tax documents to one of the following drop-off locations. NOTE: All required documents must be provided no later than Friday, 4/9, at 5PM, for taxes to be prepared on time. Please call 1-866-293-0623 with further questions.
a. 3470 Rockefeller Court, Waldorf. Hours M-F, 8AM-4PM.
b. 101 Catalpa Drive, Ste. 103, La Plata. Hours M-F, 9AM-5PM.
c. 4715 Marlboro Pike, Capitol Heights. Hours M-F, 9AM-5PM.
- VITA summary form
- 7216 Disclosure
- Intake/Interview & Quality Review Form
- Form 14446
- Copy of photo ID for taxpayer and spouse
- Copy of SSN or ITIN for everyone claimed on the return.
- Any income statements
- Credit statements
- Tuition statement and form 1098-T if have
- Expense/adjustment statements
- Deduction statements
- Voided check and bank account/routing numbers
- Prior year's tax return
- Insurance verification.
2) SUBSIDIES TO FAMILIES: Offers emergency assistance with utilities, prescriptions and housing.
3) HEALTHY LIFESTYLES: Educates about cancer prevention, and provides outreach and education and HIV/AIDS support services.
4) SAFE NIGHTS: Provides temporary shelter from October 1 - mid-April. Free to participants, includes transportation, housing and food (Charles County Only).
5) FOOD AND CLOTHING: Provide a daily food pantry, clothing closet, and meals throughout the day for homeless individuals.
6) DROP-IN CENTER: Provide on-site showers, laundry, warming/cooling station, mailing address, case management, and street outreach for homeless persons to access.
7) HOUSING SERVICES: Provide emergency, transitional, and domestic violence safe housing for Charles and St. Mary's families. Also provides rapid re-housing funding for Southern Maryland homeless households.
8) TRANSITIONAL HOUSING FOR MEN: Operates the Robert J. Fuller Transitional House for Men. Offers emergency and transient shelter for male Charles County residents. 301-645-2933 for application process.
9) TRANSPORTATION: Provide low to moderate income Southern Maryland residents with disabilities and seniors subsidized transportation throughout Southern Maryland and the DC metro region.
10) EMERGENCY RENTAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: Calvert and Charles County renters who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic may be eligible to receive 12 or more months of rent or utility assistance through the Emergency Rental Assistance Program. Funds are available for past-due and future rent payments, as funds are available.Renters who have been affected directly by the virus or indirectly as a result of financial problems related to the pandemic may complete this application and submit the required documentation as indicated on the application checklist.
DONATIONS: Accepts clothing, household goods, non-perishable food items, and monetary donations.
- PO Box 1794
- La Plata, 20646
Sandy O. Washington
101 Catalpa Drive, Suite 103
101 Catalpa Drive, Suite 103
Agency: LifeStyles, Inc.
Languages Available: American Sign Language, Spanish
Payment Description: No fee to sliding fees depending on services.
Intake and Eligibility: Southern Maryland residents. Some programs are geographic specific.
- Saint Marys County
- Charles County
- Calvert County