OVERVIEW: Offers free blood pressure screening and HIV antibodies testing, HIV case management, sexually transmitted infectious disease and tuberculosis programs, overseas, adult, adolescent, and school immunizations. Also investigates and follows up on reports pertaining to communicable diseases.
1) BLOOD PRESSURE SCREENING: No appointment necessary for screening on Fridays from 1-3PM. Call 301-759-5112 for further details.
2) IMMUNIZATIONS: A walk-in clinic that operates Wednesdays from 1- 4PM for adult, adolescent, and school immunizations. Overseas immunizations available by appointment ONLY. Call 301-759-5082 for appointment.
3) SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTION PROGRAM: Provides screening, evaluation, education and follow-up for sexually transmitted diseases. Clinic is open on Tuesdays from 8-10:45AM and 1PM-2:30PM first come first serve basis. Call 301-759-5125 for further details.
4) HIV ANTIBODY TESTING: Offers free blood test with results in 2 week or the rapid test with results in 20 minutes. Open Monday through Friday, 8AM-11pm and 1PM-3:30PM Walk-ins welcome. Call 301-759-5138 for information.
5) HIV CASE MANAGEMENT: Provides case management services to HIV infected clients and their families. Appointments available for clinic. Clinician comes to ACHD once/month to provide on-site specialty care for HIV infected clients. Call 301- 759-5085 for appointment or further details.
6) TUBERCULOSIS PROGRAM: Provides appropriate intervention for clients with tuberculosis infection or active disease. PPD screening offered to those at risk of tuberculosis infection/disease. Call 301-759-5082 for further details.
7) INFECTIOUS DISEASES: Investigates and follows up on reports pertaining to communicable diseases. Call (301) 759-5112 for further details.
8) PREGNANCY:Hours for Emergency Contraception and Pregnancy Testing are Monday through Friday, 8 to 11:30 a.m. and 1 to 4 p.m. Call (301) 759-5086 for information.
Agency: Allegany County Health Department
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None or varies per program.
Intake and Eligibility: Varies per program. Call for eligibilty.