COVID-19 UPDATE: Online Family and Friends Support Group, Thursdays 7-8:30pm beginning on June 4th. Group size limited to 15 participants. If you are not one of the 15 registered, you are placed on a wait list and notified by NAMI Frederick via email. Register to attend by sending first name, phone number, email address and emergency contact to email@example.com. Must register to receive the Zoom meeting information. Meeting links open 30 min early for each session following Maryland NAMI Zoom license and state guidelines. Meeting start promptly at 7pm and will not allow joining in late.
OVERVIEW: Provides information, understanding, education, and support for persons experiencing mental illness and their families. Also publishes a periodic Newsletter.
1) FAMILY TO FAMILY: This free NAMI eight-week course is given twice a year by trained volunteers and is open to family members, caretakers, and friends of those with a mental illness. This course teaches skills that are needed to cope more effectively with ill family members. Please call Linda at 301-471-0148 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to register for the class. Registration can be completed online at www.namifrederick.org. Pre-registration is required. Participants must register prior to the third week of class in order to attend. Call for further information or visit www.namifrederick.org
- Spring 2020: March 2nd - April 20th, Monday evenings from 6:30-9PM. All Saints Episcopal Church, 106 West Church Street, Frederick, MD 21701
2) PUBLIC EDUCATION: NAMI of Frederick County sponsors educational programs during the year which are open to the public. These programs feature experts on topics related to mental illness. The website calendar has the dates, times, and locations.
3) CONNECTION RECOVERY SUPPORT GROUP: Free recovery support group for people living with mental illness in which people learn from each other’s experiences, share coping strategies, and offer each other encouragement and understanding. The group will meet the 3rd Tuesday of each month from 7:00pm to 8:30pm. No registration required.
- Located at Evangelical Lutheran Church at 35 East Church Street, Frederick MD 21701. Take the walkway to the right of the main church, enter Rupp House through the side porch door to the right of the walkway. Meeting room is in the front of the building.
4) FAMILY and CAREGIVER SUPPORT: This group meets on the 1st Thursday of each month. Visit web site for dates, times, and locations or call the helpline 240-379-6186 for further information.
5) HELPLINE: Open to the public seven days a week and is answered by trained volunteers who offer supportive listening and assistance in finding a program or programs that will work for you and your family. Call 240-379-6186.
10 West Church St.
10 West Church St.
Agency: National Alliance on Mental Illness of Maryland
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Consumers, friends, family, and caregivers of those experiencing mental illness.