OVERVIEW: Provides caregiver training, technical assistance and parenting education.
1) FAMILY WORKSHOPS: Families and caregivers can attend interactive workshops with their children to learn strategies to teach their child about important early learning skills.
2) PARENTING EDUCATION: NOVO Parenting Program is an intensive in-home parenting program for at-risk families referred from Social Services whose children are in danger of being removed from the home.
3) BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT: In-home behavior management services are 1-on-1 services for parents, foster parents, and other caregivers in the region. Interventionists provide families with behavior management strategies and resources to reduce challenging behaviors of young children in their home.
4) CAREGIVER TRAINING: Offers low-cost evening and Saturday workshops for child care providers which fulfill their continued training requirements set by the Maryland State Department of Education/ Office of Child Care.
5) TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE: Offers center and family based providers help and guidance to comply with licensing regulations, assistance in setting up new program, and resources for helping special needs children. In addition, this program helps providers in developing improved room arrangement plans, access special training classes, and applying to the Maryland Credential Program and MSDE Accreditation Program.
6) GRANDPARENT ASSISTANCE: Grandparents as Caregivers helps grandparents who serve as child care providers to their grandchildren prepare their grandchildren for success in school. Grandparents receive a free learning game and activity materials for children ages birth-7 that focus on building early learning skills.
7) LOAN MATERIALS: The Early Learning Backpack Program loans learning activities for infants, toddlers, and pre-school age children to parents and caregivers. The backpack materials can be purchased.
8) ONLINE RESOURCES: Maintains an interactive website that allows the community to access downloadable early learning activities, games, and information sheets for infants, toddlers, preschool, and school-aged children, as well as information about local resources. Member areas allow access to exclusive downloadable resources. Also provides an "Ask an Expert" forum.
9) RESOURCE ROOM: Offers providers, family members and community members the materials and resources needed to help create and enhance a successful child care program or learning opportunity for a child. Also has an extensive library with materials that can be borrowed such as musical instrument kits, Early Learning Backpacks, Curriculum Tubs, Theme Tubs and other resources.
29958 Killpeck Creek Court
29958 Killpeck Creek Court
Agency: Promise Resource Center, The
Payment Description: Free
Intake and Eligibility: Caregivers of children in Southern Maryland.
- Saint Marys County
- Calvert County
- Charles County