OVERVIEW: Provides free confidential telephone services 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for callers of all ages in the Western Counties of the state.
1) 211: Provides information and referral to a variety of governmental, health and human services as well as supportive listening to individuals of all ages regarding a variety of issues including: loneliness, depression, suicide, abuse, relationships, family concerns and substance abuse. Out of area callers may call 301-662-2255 or 866-411-6803 to reach Western Maryland 211.
2) NATIONAL SUICIDE PREVENTION LIFELINE (1-800-273-8255): National Suicide Hotline provides supportive listening and crisis intervention for callers having thoughts of suicide.
3) MARYLAND CRISIS HOTLINE (1-800-422-0009): Provides crisis intervention, supportive listening and information and referral to local community resources.
4) PHONE FRIEND (301-694-8255): Offers children in grades 5 and under supportive listening, crisis intervention and information and referral.
5) EDUCATION (301-663-0011 EX 122): Provides presentations for community groups or agencies regarding suicide prevention.
211 Alternate Number:
Maryland Crisis Hotline:
226 South Jefferson Street
226 South Jefferson St
Agency: Mental Health Association, Frederick County
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to public.
- Frederick County
- Allegany County
- Garrett County
- Washington County