OVERVIEW: Offers a range of inpatient and outpatient medical and surgical services.
SERVICES: 1) CARDIAC CARE CENTER: Specializes in balloon angioplasty, catheterization and open heart surgery.
2) MATERNAL/CHILD HEALTH CENTER: Includes a neonatal intensive care unit and a perinatal center.
3) SEXUAL ASSAULT CENTER: Offers free services to any age victim of sexual assault. Includes crisis and follow-up counseling, forensic exam, victim advocacy and community education. Call 301-618-3154.
4) PSYCHIATRIC SERVICES: Offers an inpatient unit for adolescents and adults. Call 301-618-2434.
5) SUPPORT GROUPS: Offers support groups for brain injury survivors, family and friends; cardiac rehabilitation; parents of premature infants; and survivors of sexual assault (adults and youth). Call 301-618-3858 for more information.
6) SEXUAL ASSAULT: This is a SAFE designated facility. In the case of sexual assault, Maryland Criminal Procedure Article, § 11-924(b) requires law enforcement officers to offer transportation to the nearest SAFE designated facility. SAFE stands for Sexual Assault Forensic Evaluation. At a SAFE designated facility a victim can get medical treatment and evidence can be expertly collected.