OVERVIEW: Educates and advocates for social justice and provides emergency food, clothing, shelter and financial assistance for those in need.
1) INTERFAITH CLOTHING CENTER: Offers children's and adults' clothing, sheets, towels, blankets and small quantities of dishes, pots and pans. Items distributed Tuesday to Saturday 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM, and for disabled clients only Wednesdays. Center is located at 751 Twinbrook Parkway, Rockville, MD 20851. Call 301-424-3796.
2) COMMUNITY BASED SHELTERS: Operates several shelters across the county for target populations:
--Becky's House: Provides case management and 24-hour staff for up to eight senior, disabled women. Call 301-933-2477.
--Carroll House: 32-bed facility providing housing for about 70 men each year. Call 301-587-7270.
--Watkins Mill House: Transitional housing program for as many as 16 homeless women with behavioral health needs.
3) CONGREGATION & COMMUNITY EMERGENCY SUPPORT: Provides resources and technical assistance to CMMC congregations and non profit agencies; administers grants to prevent evictions, foreclosures and utility cut-offs; purchases medicine and food; leverages funds to address unmet needs; and ensures access to emergency services for those who need them. Call 301-315-1108.
4) FRIENDS IN ACTION: Program where teams work in mentoring groups of 5-10 people, who volunteer to help at-risk and homeless families identify their strengths and develop attainable and manageable goals toward self-sufficiency. A one-year commitment is required. Call 301-424-3796.
5) INTERFAITH HOUSING COALITION: Provides permanent housing and supportive services to families in 26 units across the county. Call 301-762-8682.
6) INTERFAITH HOMES: Houses 31 chronically homeless, disabled men and women annually in scattered-site, permanent supportive housing. Offers case management and the support of a dedicated nurse.
7) WOMEN'S CENTER: Provides emergency shelter, meals and case management to more than 250 women annually through a 65-bed facility. Acts as an intake and assessment center for all single adult homeless women in the County. (Formerly the Wilkins Avenue Women's Assessment Center.) Call 301-770-2413.
8) EMPOWERMENT CENTER: Day program for homeless men & women. Meals & showers are available. Job training, skill assessment, mental health& substance abuse referrals. (Formerly known as the "Community Vision" program.) Call 301-585-4471.
9) VOCATIONAL SERVICES: Engages 250 low-income and homeless individuals in job readiness classes, career counseling and training, and one-on-one job placement services.
DONATIONS: Accepts donations of clothing, sheets, towels, blankets and various household items. Call 301-424-3796.
114 West Montgomery Avenue
114 West Montgomery Avenue
Agency: Interfaith Works
Languages Available: Spanish
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Most services open to anyone in need residing in Montgomery County.