OVERVIEW: Provides medical, surgical, rehabilitative, neurological and psychiatric care to eligible veterans on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
1) CARDIAC SURGERY: Provides life-saving, life-enhancing treatment to veterans with heart disease.
2) WOMEN'S HEALTH CENTER: Screenings, treatment, education and counseling are offered to eligible female veterans. Sexual Trauma Counsel Services also exist to assist veterans, both men and women, with issues of harassment and abuse. For eligibility information, call 202-745-8200, x6333. Female veterans can also contact the Women's Veterans Coordinator at 202-745-8582 for information.
3) PRIMARY CARE: Veterans are assigned to an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals who will manage their healthcare treatment. Teams include a social worker, dietitian, pharmacist, doctors and nurse practitioners. Referrals are given by the team for specialty care.
4) POST-TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER: Provides staff to work closely with local Vet Centers to address the unique problems of veterans who suffer from this psychological stress disorder. Outpatient groups and individual counseling and education are offered.
5) PATIENT SERVICE CENTER: Provides service to veterans by offering sound medical advice, assisting with appointment management, arranging travel for those who qualify and coordinating consults to Specialty Medical services. Operates Monday through Friday from 7 AM-11PM. Closed on weekends and holidays. Patients should feel free to leave messages after hours with any questions concerning appointments. Medical Advice is offered after hours by the Emergency Room.
6) TRANSPORTATION: Veterans who meet the eligibility criteria may receive free travel. Please inquire about eligibility at time of enrollment.
Visit www.ebenefits.va.gov to ensure that all benefits are being received.
NOTE: To learn more about benefits and eligibility, veterans can also contact the Washington Regional Office, 1-800-827-1000.
Patient Service Center:
50 Irving Street NW
50 Irving Street NW
Agency: Community Clinic, Inc.
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: See notes.
Intake and Eligibility: See notes.
- Washington County
- Montgomery County
- Prince Georges County