OVERVIEW: Assists children facing adversities through efforts to provide youth enrichment and mentoring programs. Children are matched with positive role models who are supported through professionals and a variety of services.
1) COMMUNITY ONE-TO-ONE PROGRAM: Provides a mentoring program that matches each child with a screened and trained adult volunteer who shares their experiences, skills, emotional support and guidance. Mentors commit to seeing their mentee in the community two or three times each month for a minimum of one year. A professional case manager monitors the match providing on-going and close supervision of the match.
2) SITE AND SCHOOL-BASED MENTORING: Provides mentors that meet their mentees at a designated site and time. The case manager coordinates activities and provides on-site support.
3) WORKPLACE MENTORING: Offers a mentoring program specifically designed for high-school students. Corporate sponsors collaborate with a program and students are able to connect with local businesses and develop meaningful, long-term (two-four years) mentoring relationships.
4) GIRLS EMPOWERMENT: Provides resource bags filled with feminine products like pads, tampons, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, deodorant, brush mirror, nail file, toothbrush, toothpaste and dental floss.
5) BOYS EMPOWERMENT: Offers resource bags filled with male products like deodorant, shampoo, conditioner, nutritional guide book and a football.
6) MONTHLY MATCH ACTIVITIES: Provides a variety of activities for bigs, littles and partnering agencies to interact with each other.
7) MENTOR TRAININGS: Offers training session for mentors to enhance their knowledge on situations that they may encounter with their mentees. Trainings may consists of 101, development assets of children, adolescents and child abuse awareness.
8) BACK TO SCHOOL BASH: Provides book bags filled with school notebooks, folders, pencils, erasers, pencil case and loose leaf paper.
9) BIG HOPE Network; Provides mentoring for children with an incarcerated parent
10) DONATIONS: Accepts monetary donations.
200 West Main Street
200 West Main Street
Agency: Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Greater Chesapeake, Eastern Shore
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Children, ages 6-16 and adults 18 and older.
- Wicomico County
- Worcester County
- Somerset County
- Dorchester County
- Cecil County
- Caroline County
- Kent County
- Queen Annes County
- Talbot County