OVERVIEW: Provides services for residents of Central Maryland.
1) FAMILIES, CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS: Provides psychological evaluations, child therapy, parent-child counseling, protective services and case management. Provides consultation to area schools and camps and psychological and educational testing and evaluation. Also provides outreach to teens.
2) INFORMATION & REFERRAL: Provides information and referrals to services in the Jewish community. Additionally provides individual, family and group counseling, psychiatric consultation emergency and case management.
3) OLDER ADULT INFORMATION: Assists individuals 60 and older. Provides geriatric evaluations, elder care consultation for families, elder care management, individual and family counseling. Education and support groups offered to family caregivers, people with low vision and individuals who have been bereaved.
4) ADULTS WITH PHYSICAL AND DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES AND THEIR FAMILIES: Provides information and referral; counseling; residential services for adults with developmental disabilities; and in-home support for persons with physical disabilities.
5) PERSONS WITH MENTAL ILLNESS: Provides assistance to persons with mental illness, (ages 12-59), to enable them to live independently in the community, provides information and referral, counseling, and psychiatric consultations. Operates an outpatient mental health clinic and a psychiatric rehabilitation program for the general public, ages 21 and over.
6) SUBSTANCE ABUSE: Provides outpatient counseling and treatment to individuals and their families who are dealing with substance abuse. Assists individuals 16 and older. Call for fees and additional information.
7) EMPLOYMENT: Provides job services for several target populations. Must join membership for services. Offers a sliding fee scale and fixed fees. Call for information.
--CAREER SERVICES: Provides career coaching, career assessment, assistance with resumes, job search and interviewing skills. Offers computer resources, career development workshops and services for employers.
--SPECIAL SERVICES: Offers assistance to individuals with special needs, including emotional and/or physical disabilities. Vocational rehabilitation provides career coaching, job placement services and on the job support.
8) TRANSIENTS: Provides Jewish transients with referrals to shelters and food.
9) HOMELESS SERVICES: Provides immediate, intensive and supportive services tailored to each client's individual needs, including identification of needs, budget planning, crisis intervention, counseling, housing referral, and information and referral. Priority given to families with children or domestic violence cases. Serves individuals who meet criteria.
10) JEWISH COMMUNITY FOOD FUND: Offers food certificates to individuals who meet eligibility criteria.
11) AIDS OUTREACH: Provides supportive services to persons in the Jewish community affected by HIV/AIDS. Also offers prevention education to raise community awareness regarding HIV/AIDS, risky behavior, personal responsibility/values, and healthy lifestyle-for children, adolescents, and adults.
Rosenbloom Owings Mills JCC
3506 Gwynnbrook Court,
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Office: 410-356-8383. Intake: 410-466-9200.
Open Mon and Wed, 8:30AM-7:30PM, by appointment only.
Tue and Thur, 8:30AM-5PM and Fri, 8:30AM-3PM, Sun, 9AM-1PM.
Joan Grayson Cohen, ESQ, LCSW-C
5750 Park Heights Avenue
5750 Park Heights Avenue
Agency: Jewish Community Services
Languages Available: Hebrew, Yiddish, Russian
Payment Description: Insurance, Medicare, Medicaid/Medical Assistance, and a sliding fee scale for Jewish clients.
Intake and Eligibility: Transient services for Jewish persons only. Other programs open to the general public. See notes and call for more information.
- Anne Arundel County
- Baltimore County
- Carroll County
- Harford County
- Howard County
- Baltimore Baltimore City County
- Pikangikum First Nation Kenora County