COVID-19 UPDATE: Accepting donations to be distributed to local non-profits. Needs include masks, gloves, cleaning supplies, diapers, formula, wipes, canned food, hand sanitizer and other items. Produce in a SNAP market has been moved from Bernard Brown Center to front lawn of YMCA Wednesdays 3pm-6pm.
OVERVIEW: Collaborates with community partners to improve the lives of children, adults, families, and the entire community. Provides programs and services that build a healthy mind, body and spirit. The Y serves people of all backgrounds, ages, capabilities, and income levels, providing financial assistance to those in need.
1) AQUATICS: Offers educational classes for Lifeguard/CPR/First Aid training, water fitness, swimming lessons, and has a swimming team that competes in summer and winter leagues. Pool may also be rented for parties on Saturdays or Sundays. Call for details.
2) DANCE PROGRAM: Offers classes for dancers ages 2-adult. There are performance opportunities throughout the year for all dancers. Youth classes enjoy classical training of ballet, jazz, tap and modern in addition to hip hop, contemporary, choreography and teacher training. Adults dance education in Ballroom and Belly Dancing is also available.
3) CHILD CARE: Offers full day care for ages 6 weeks to 5 years old who have not yet entered kindergarten, a preschool program for ages 2 to 5 years of age who have not yet entered kindergarten, a before/after school program, and a babysitting service for children 12 weeks through 7 years of age while their parents are in the building. Financial assistance for all child care programs are available. Must meet income guidelines. Call for details.
4) HEALTH and WELLNESS CENTER: Provides opportunities for adults and teens to work out in gym, take various classes including aerobics and indoor cycling, opportunities to compete in running programs and strenuous training programs for races. Also offers Pilates and Yoga classes as well as message therapyt sessions.
5) SPORTS: Offers Tiny Tots program for ages 1 to 6 years of age, Youth Sports for school aged children that includes gymnastics, basketball, soccer, tennis, racquetball, volleyball and karate to mention a few, as well as adult opportunity for various sports activities and competitive leagues.
6) REACH and RISE MENTORING PROGRAM: Provides at-risk children ages 6-17 with an adult mentor for 12-18 months. Mentors will participate in a training program, after which the mentor and youth will participate in service projects, field trips, and other engaging activities. To learn more call the YMCA or visit the website.
7) YOUTH PROGRAMS: Provides various activities during the school year and summers including summer and youth camps. Call for details.
o Green Valley Branch
11791 Fingerboard Road
Monrovia, MD 21770
8) SUMMER CAMP 2019: Offers more than 40 different summer camps for children and adolescents.Opportunities include: Sports, Arts & Humanities, Specialty camps and overnight residential camps. Please see website for more details. http://frederickymca.org/registration/view-program-guides
Info Weather Line:
1000 North Market Street
1000 North Market Street
Agency: YMCA of Frederick County
Languages Available: Accomodations possible., Spanish
Payment Description: Fees vary and non-member fees are higher than member fees. Call for details.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to public.