OVERVIEW: Builds strong kids through youth development, quality child care, wellness, sports, and recreational programs; builds strong families through programs that bring parents and children together, giving families a chance to strengthen their relationships; builds strong community by celebrating diversity and designing programs to meet the needs of the community as a whole.
1) AQUATICS: Offers members usage of main pool, warm water pool, steam room, and dry sauna. Facility is located at the Kelly Road location. Offers life guard certification classes and swimming lessons. Call Emily Hendershot at 301-777-9622 for line up of classes.
2) SCHOOL AGE CHILDCARE AND SUMMER CAMP: Services are offered to members as well as the community. Provides both school year and summer childcare for children in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Call Gail Davis at 301-777-9646 for further details and schedules.
3) SPORTS: Offers a variety of sports for youth and adults. Some include indoor soccer, flag football, adult dodge ball, and basketball. Some sports leagues are available. Call Emily Hendershot at 301-777-9622.
4) WELLNESS: Offers a vareity of group exercises, personal training, teen strength training, and dance classes for all ages. Gym is equipped with aerobic and weights. Call Cindy Syracuse at 301-777-9622 for further details of schedules.
5) MEETING ROOMS: Provided for meetings. Call for reservation and information.
6) SOCIALS SERVICES: See separate Listing.
7) HOUSING: See Separate Listing.
8) FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE: Offers a scholarship program for individuals and families. Must meet income guidelines.
9) OUTDOOR CAMPING: Offers camping area consisting of a fenced-in camping area with sheltered pavilion and picnic tables for rent. Indoor restrooms, indoor shower facilities, and vending machines are available during Y business hours. Fee is $10 per night/per person for non-members. Call 301-777-9622 for further details.
10) VOLUNTEERS: Volunteers 16 and older are welcome for various duties throughout the Y. Call Sara Geis at 301-777-9622 for details.
11) REACH AND RISE MENTORING PROGRAM: Provides at-risk children ages 6-17 with an adult mentor for 12-18 months. Mentors will participate in a training program, after which the mentor and youth will participate in service projects, field trips, and other engaging activities. To learn more call Sara Geis at 301-777-9622 or visit the website.
12) THE FAMILY CENTER: Provides supports for expectant parents and families with children up to age 47 months. Community based center provides positive support, counseling, education, child development services, parent enrichment, recreation and transportation to help young parents meet the challenges of parenthood. Non-traditional classroom settings are provided for teen high school moms. Call Janice Cannon at 301-777-9622.
Baltimore Ave Office:
- Baltimore Ave Office Fax: 301-724-0642
601 Kelly Road
601 Kelly Road
Agency: YMCA of Cumberland
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: Varies, 301-724-5445 for further information.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to public.