OVERVIEW: Provides a variety of community-based services, to help children and adults with developmental disabilities and their families, including supported employment, family support services, individual support services, personal supports 24/7, day habilitation program, respite care, vocational day program, transportation, and behavioral support services
1) INTENSIVE BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (IBMP): Serves individuals with challenging behavior. Services include behavioral assessment, development of behavior plans, training in the implementation of behavior plans and monitoring of the plans, behavioral consultation, mobile crisis services, and behavioral respite. For information on the referral process, contact Renee Quillen-Knox at email@example.com
2) Day and Employment Services (contact Jim Hurley at 301-797-0052):
- Day Habilitation: People supported in Day Habilitation services are engaged in a variety of
activities adhering to an Employment First philosophy promoting employment, positive
growth, meaningful activities, education, and socially valued roles in the community.
- Community Learning Services: People supported utilize community resources while becoming
involved in a variety of venues, including: workshops, peer mentoring and self-advocacy
opportunities, volunteer activities, and activities that promote health, wellness,
- Employment Services: Facilitates opportunities for people to gain and maintain integrated
community employment, based on their unique interests, talents and abilities by following the
Customized Employment Model.
3) RESIDENTIAL SERVICES FOR CHILDREN AND ADULTS: Services are tailored to meet the needs of children from age 16 to 20 and adults. Services range from supported living to 24-hour supervision. Nursing, medical, dietary, occupational and physical therapy, behavior training, and recreational activities are provided. Please contact Doug Ford at 301-791-3370 EX 2263 concerning services for children and Diane Lewis at 301-791-3370 EX 2255 concerning services for adults.
4) INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY SUPPORT SERVICES: Helps families of developmentally disabled persons and caregivers obtain adaptive equipment, medical supplies, respite care and specialized therapies/evaluations. Please contact Kelly Miller at 301-791-3370 EX 2311.
o Kemp Horn / Children with Autism, 22911 Cave Town Church Road, Smithsburg, MD 21783. 301-824-3416.
o Medical Day Care Center, 838 Florida Avenue, Hagerstown, MD 21740. 301-714-1003.
820 Florida Avenue
820 Florida Avenue
Agency: Arc of Washington County
Languages Available: None.
Payment Description: Private pay or funding through DDA, DHMH or DHR.
Intake and Eligibility: Children and adults diagnosed with a developmental disability and their families.
- Washington County
- Allegany County
- Garrett County
- Frederick County
- Carroll County