OVERVIEW: Provides services and support for people who need medical support on a daily basis and their families.
1) ADULT DAY CARE: Provides a day program of nursing, therapeutic, social and recreational activities for frail elderly or physically disabled adults. Includes social work services, transportation and kosher hot meals. Program offered at two centers. 8AM-4PM
2) CHRONIC CARE: Provides chronic hospital services including ventilator support, wound care, IV antibiotic care for the physically disabled persons ages 18 and older. Jewish traditions are observed. Admission is open to all.
3) SUPPORT GROUPS/COMMUNITY OUTREACH: Sponsors monthly group meetings for families, caregivers and friends of persons with Alzheimer's disease. Bereavement groups are also available.
4) ACUTE REHABILITATION: Provides therapeutic services to current in-patients in conjunction with Sinai's Department of Rehabilitation. Includes evaluation; physical, speech, and occupational therapies; audiology; psychological services; and therapeutic recreation.
5) HOSPICE SERVICES: Provides in-patient care for the terminally ill. Offers counseling and special services to meet the needs of family members. Hospice services are coordinated through the Social Services department.
6) LEVINDALE & NURSING HOME: Provides both a short-term sub-acute level of care and a long-term care environment.
7) PSYCH-REHAB AT LEVINDALE: Provides treatment specifically targeted to chronically ill and mentally impaired geriatric patients requiring in-patient treatment. Offers a partial day gero-psychiatric out-patient program.
8) SOCIAL WORK: Offers psycho-social evaluation of incoming patients and families, counseling services and discharge planning.
9) GERIATRIC MEDICAL ASSOCIATES: Physicians provide a full spectrum of health care services to adults and seniors in the community.
10) SENIOR HOUSE CALLS: Offers routine care provided in the homes of people with physical and mental health disabilities who find it difficult to get to a doctor's office.
11) SENIOR NEEDS ASSESSMENT PROGRAM: Provides a comprehensive assessment that addresses the medical, psychological, and social issues that interfere with an individual's ability to function. An assessment is completed and recommendations and referrals are placed based on the individuals needs.
2434 West Belvedere Avenue
2434 West Belvedere Avenue
Agency: Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center & Hospital
Languages Available: Accommodations possible, if necessary.
Payment Description: All programs accept Medical Assistance and insurance except Psych services.
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals 18 and older. See notes.
- Baltimore City County
- Baltimore County