NOTE: Offers shelter to individuals and families in immediate danger only.
OVERVIEW: Serves residents who have been impacted by domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking and child abuse.
1) 24-HOUR HOTLINE: Hotline advocates provide supportive listening, education, options and referrals to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, human trafficking, and child abuse.
2) CRISIS COUNSELING: Offers up to 5 per caller crisis intervention appointments.
3) LEGAL SERVICES: Provides an on-site attorney and victim advocate. Staff attorney offers direct representation for Protective and Peace Order hearings and representation for a limited number of family law cases, depending on financial eligibility. Victim Advocates provide support, accompaniment to civil and criminal hearings, safety planning, referral's to other helpful agencies, hospital accompaniments and information on courthouse protocol.
4) EMERGENCY SHELTER: Available for victims of domestic violence who are in IMMEDIATE DANGER. Shelter is handicap accessible and offers a Safe Pet Program that provides a confidential shelter for family pets while clients reside in the emergency shelter.
5) ABUSER INTERVENTION PROGRAM: Offers groups for men to help them find alternatives to abusive behavior and anger management. Groups are held for females when the need arises. Cost per group is $30.
6) MEDICAL ACCOMPANIMENT: A 24-hour service that provides a specialty trained advocate to accompany individuals to the hospital for a forensic exam after an assault. Advocates support rape/sexual assault victims throughout the exam process.
7) OUTREACH and EDUCATION: Offers various presentations to schools, colleges, universities, social clubs, churches; professional agencies, and private organizations. Presentations are geared to the needs of the organization and topics may include domestic violence, sexual assault, elder abuse, and services provided by Heartly House.
8) CLINICAL SERVICES: Provides short term crisis counseling and support groups. Offers several trauma informed groups on topics such as Breaking the Cycle for Domestic Violence Victims, Sexual Assault Support, Adults Molested as Children, Trauma Informed Yoga, LGBTQ trauma group, Coping with trauma, and a Mindfulness group. Other groups are created as needed. Additionally, offers child individual counseling and groups.
24-Hour Info Hotline:
Agency: Heartly House
Languages Available: Accommodations possible through a language line, Spanish, English
Payment Description: Services are free except for abuser intervention programs and they are $30 per group.
Intake and Eligibility: Individuals or families who are victims or survivors of domestic violence, rape/sexual assault, human trafficking, child abuse and are a Frederick County Resident.