OVERVIEW: Provides general health services to residents of Harford County.
1) AIDS TESTING & HIV PREVENTION EDUCATION: See separate listing for Harford County Health Department; HIV/AIDS Services.
2) ALCOHOLISM AND DRUG SERVICES: See separate listing for Harford County Behavioral Health, Addiction Services.
3) IMMUNIZATION PROGRAM: Provides immunizations for children from 2 months-18 years. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
4) PERINATAL HOME VISITING PROGRAM: Offers home visiting services to Medicaid eligible postpartum women and at-risk pregnant women. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
5) ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH SERVICES: Inspects and issues permits for food service facilities. Inspects nursing homes, hospitals, alternative living units, family day care, foster care, adoptive homes and recreational areas. Investigates food complaints. Operates rabies and rodent control programs. Inspects and issues permits for well and septic systems. Monitors water and air quality and solid waste disposal. Issues burning permits. 120 South Hays Street, Bel Air, MD. Call 410-877-2300.
6) FAMILY PLANNING: Provides services for women of childbearing age, including physical examinations, counseling, and contraceptive supplies. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1779.
7) ADULT EVALUATION REVIEW SERVICES (AERS): Provides comprehensive evaluation for persons, ages 60 and over, who are at risk of institutionalization. Helps clients and their families locate services to meet identified needs. 34 North Philadelphia Boulevard, Aberdeen, MD. Call 410-838-1500.
8) SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE (STD) SERVICES: Offers education, testing, and treatment for persons who suspect they may have contracted or are diagnosed with a STD. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
9) TUBERCULOSIS CONTROL PROGRAM: Provides tuberculin testing for persons suspected of having TB. Assist with chest x-rays for persons with positive results who have no insurance. Provides medication and follow-up for persons diagnosed with TB. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
10) SMOKING CESSATION CLASSES: Offers free smoking cessation classes to those who want to quit smoking. Free nicotine patches are available to income eligible individuals. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1781.
11) HEALTH EDUCATION: Provides free information on a variety of health topics. Free public education presentations in community and at schools. Call 410-638-3060.
12) LEAD CASE MANAGEMENT: Offers free case management to lead poisoned children including home visiting, education, and coordination of resources such as nutritional counseling, transportation, and alternative housing. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
13) INFANTS AND TODDLERS PROGRAM: SEE SEPARATE LISTING. Early intervention services for children. 100 Thomas Run Road, Churchville, MD. 410-638-3823.
14) COLPOSCOPY CLINIC SERVICES: Provides diagnostic examination and treatment for women who have an abnormal pap test utilizing breast and cervical treatment program funding for income eligible women.1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774.
15) MEDICAL ASSISTANCE PERSONAL CARE PROGRAM: Evaluates eligible persons, helps find a provider to assist them with daily living, and provides on-going case management. 1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1774..
16) VITAL RECORDS: Provides applications for copies of birth and death certificates. Processes death certificates and provides birth certificates ($30.00 each) for individuals born in Maryland. Available Mon-Fri, 8AM-Noon. Call 410-838-1500.
17) COLORECTAL CANCER SCREENING PROGRAM: Provides screening for persons 50 and over. No cost for income eligible.1321 Woodbridge Station Way, Edgewood, MD. Call 410-612-1780.
18) WIC: See separate listing for Harford Conty Health Department, Women, Infants and Children Program.
19) DENTAL: Offers preventative, restorative, pediatric, limited endodontic and emergency services. Services are for children 1-18 and up to 21 for children with special needs. Also for pregnant women. Must be a Harford County resident. Medicaid is accepted. 2204 Hanson Road, Edgewood Plaza Shopping Center. Call 443-922-7670.
120 South Hays Street
120 South Hays Street
Agency: Harford County Health Department
Languages Available: Spanish, American Sign Language
Payment Description: Sliding fee scale. Some services are free.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to anyone.