COVID-19 UPDATE (11/3/21):
VACCINE CLINICS: For ages 5-11yrs only
RESPONSE TO STAFF/STUDENT WITH SYMPTOMS or POSITIVE TEST:
- Appointments required
- Students do not have to attend the school where vaccination clinics are being held
- FCPS will send out details of locations and dates/times through Find Out First
In response to laboratory confirmed cases of COVID-19 or incidences of COVID-1 like illnesses (CLI), FCPS collaborates with the Frederick County Health Department and follows the Decision Aid: Exclusion and Return for Laboratory Confirmed COVID-19 Cases and Persons with COVID-19-like Illness in Schools, Child Care Programs, and Youth Camps developed by the Maryland Department of Health and Maryland State Department of Education. Visit http://marylandpublicschools.org/newsroom/Documents/COVID/MDHGuidanceSchoolsResponseCOVID19.pdf
Offers free Wi-Fi service at 27 school parking lots available to FCPS students and staff who have valid credentials. See website for additional information and locations.FREE MEALS:
"To Go" breakfast, lunch and supper available to all children learning in school buildings during the week.
All meals will be individually wrapped or compartmentalized.
Free breakfast and lunch meals will be available to children in cohort A on Mondays and Tuesdays while they are in school and to children in cohort B on Thursdays and Fridays while they are in the school. Meals will also be available at schools that have children in school buildings on Wednesdays. On the days when students are learning in a school building, they can also take a free to-go meal home for supper that same day.
Due to the amount of food being distributed for the remainder of the days, we encourage families who want additional meals for the days when students are not in the school building learning (virtual days at home, weekends, holidays) to pick up the additional meals at the child’s school on a day when they are learning in the building or visit one of the open community sites listed below on Wednesdays and/or Fridays from 11am-1pm to pick up the additional meals.25 MEAL DISTRIBUTION SITES
Twenty-three FCPS schools listed below will distribute to-go breakfast, lunch and supper meals for FREE from 11am-1pm on Wednesdays and Fridays to ALL children in the community on days when they are not physically in a school building learning.Beginning Wednesday March 3, 2021, 2 community drop-off sites
will distribute to-go breakfast, lunch and supper meals for all 7 days of the week for FREE from 11am-1pm ON WEDNESDAYS ONLY. Meals will be distributed in the shopping center parking lots from a school bus. The locations are listed below as "Community Drop-Off Sites."
- Children do not need to be present to pick up meals on Wednesdays and Fridays. A parent or other adult can pick up these meals for them.
- Meals can be provided for all 7 days of the week.
- The child does not have to be enrolled at the school. Meals can be picked up for any child at 23 locations on Wednesdays and Fridays and 2 locations on Wednesdays.
- Masks must be worn by all children and adults.
|Open Community Meal Sites (Wednesdays & Fridays from 11am-1pm) |
|Elementary Schools |
- Ballenger Creek Elementary School
- Brunswick Elementary School
- Butterfly Ridge Elementary School
- Centerville Elementary School
- Deer Crossing Elementary School
- Emmitsburg Elementary School
- Hillcrest Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Lincoln Elementary School
- Monocacy Elementary School
- Myersville Elementary School
- New Market Elementary School
- Oakdale Elementary School
- Spring Ridge Elementary School
- Sugarloaf Elementary School
- Twin Ridge Elementary School
- Waverley Elementary School
- Whittier Elementary School
|Middle Schools |
- Thurmont Middle School
- Windsor Knolls Middle School
- Gov. Thomas Johnson High School
- Middletown High School
- Walkersville High School
|Community Drop-Off Sites (WEDNESDAYS ONLY from 11am-1pm) |
- 7th Street Frederick Shopping Center Parking Lot, 1305 West 7th Street, Frederick
- Discovery Shopping Center Parking Lot, 8425 Woodsboro Pike, Walkersville
for more info.P-EBT PROGRAM
: FCPS encourages families to fill out a free and reduced-price meals benefit application for the 2020-2021 school year. Only one application is required per household even if the children attend different schools; families are reminded to include all family members on the application. Qualifying for the school system’s meal benefits is one measure that families may use to also qualify to receive funds for children’s meals through the recently approved Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Program.
For answers to questions regarding the Free and Reduced-Price Meal benefits application, please call 301-644-5061.
OVERVIEW: Offers traditional education from kindergarten through high school as well as continuing and special education programs.
1) CURRICULUM: Provides educational programs for students of all abilities, kindergarten through 12th grade.
2) STUDENT SERVICES: Provides guidance, psychological, health, and pupil personnel services to students who have personal and career concerns or significant problems in attendance, behavior, or achievement.
3) ATHLETICS: Provides a comprehensive athletic program for high school students including cheerleading.
4) ADULT EDUCATION: Offers persons, ages 16 and older, continuing education, including GED preparation, adult basic education, evening high school, and programs for parents and young children. GED and basic education courses are free, other programs have fees.
5) FOOD SERVICES: Offers free or reduced fee breakfast and lunch programs to students who qualify. The income guidelines are set by the federal government and have been adopted across the state. A meal benefit application must be completed and returned to the school.
Effective July 1, 2019 - June 30, 2020
Income Eligibility for Reduced/Free Meals:
Number in Household Annual Income
Additional person add $8,177.
191 South East Street
191 South East Street
Agency: Frederick County Public Schools
Languages Available: Accommodations possible.
Payment Description: None.
Intake and Eligibility: Children ages Pre-k to High School and individuals interested in an education.