COVID-19 UPDATE: Provides advice, support and answers questions for those who have lost their job due to health crisis via podcast platform accessible through website.
OVERVIEW: Provides job seekers with career management services such as career assessment and vocational counseling; a fully equipped career resource lab; individual skill development workshops; low- or no-cost career training; one-on-one assistance with resume and interview preparation; access to hundreds of current job listings; and job fairs featuring employers from select high-growth, high-demand industries.
1) CAREER COACHING: Offers one-on-one job search and career planning assistance. This service includes, but is not limited to, vocational assessment, resume preparation, interview coaching, and access to current market trends.
2) INTERNSHIPS and ON the JOB TRANING (OJT): Partners with area businesses to provide internships and on-the-job training opportunities for clients to gain the skills necessary to qualify for positions in high-growth, high-demand industries.
3) WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT: Assist job seekers with technical and job search related questions. A resource center is available that contains a comprehensive job search and career library, current labor market information, internet access, computers with Microsoft Office 2000 Professional/XP software, resume writing software and other software tutorials, laser printer, fax machine, scanner, telephones, TTY, and photocopier available at no cost for job search purposes.
4) COMPUTER and JOB SEARCH SEMINARS: Offers computer and job search workshops at no cost and operates on a first-serve basis. For a current schedule of class offerings you may view event calendar on web site.
5) RETRAINING for NEW CAREER: Offers financial support to qualified job seekers to help cover the costs associated with upgrading skills in order to meet labor market demands.
6) EMPLOYERS: Works with local businesses to help them find ways to remain competitive and responsive to the changing marketplace and facilitate the important connection between job seekers and businesses.
7) VETERAN SERVICES: Provides intensive services such as case management, career counseling, transition assistance, individual job development and referrals to employment. Can connect veterans with local programs that will pay for training, licenses, and certifications in the field of their choice. Also provide access to veteran benefit information, assistance with government job application, and priority hiring through federal contractors.
200 Monroe Avenue
200 Monroe Avenue
Agency: Maryland Department of Labor
Languages Available: Accommodations possible., English, Spanish
Payment Description: Free
Intake and Eligibility: Persons ages 16 and older.