OVERVIEW: Offers general health services for residents of Carroll County.
--Outpatient: Offers assessments/evaluations, counseling, urinalysis and family education. Call 410-876-4800.
2) CHILD HEALTH IMMUNIZATION PROGRAM: Offers immunizations to children 17 and younger, by appointment only. Call 410-876-4942.
3) COMMUNICABLE DISEASES: Provides communicable disease investigations; flu and pneumococcal vaccinations; pre and post exposure to rabies vaccines; and overseas travel immunizations; pneumococcal vaccines and adult immunizations. Call 410-876-4936.
4) DENTAL ACCESS: Offers reduced fee dental care for residents ages 2 to 18 years thru Healthy Smiles health insurance and (if under age 21) do not have Medical Assistance. Not an emergency program. Call 410-876-4928, 410-857-5000 or 410-875-3390. Pediatric Dental Clinic for children up to age 19 on Medical Assistance. Call 410-876-4918.
5) ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH: Provides air quality referral, noise control; camp inspections; food service inspections; hazardous materials inspection; institution inspections for foster care, day care, shelter homes, group homes and schools; land development; psittacine bird permits; rabies vaccination records and bite report information; radon information and interpretation of results; septic permits and percolation tests; swimming pool inspections and water well permits. Call 410-876-1884, 410-875-3395 or 410-857-5009.
6) FAMILY PLANNING: Offers examinations, counseling and contraceptive supplies. Call 410-876-4930 or 4932.
7) HEALTH EDUCATION: Offers assessments and surveys and participates in health fairs, call 410-876-4965. Specialized programs:
--Highway Safety Programs - Offers educational programs include topics such as impaired driving, underage drinking, pedestrian safety and seat belts. Call 410-876-4800.
--Carroll Safe Kids Coalition-Injury Prevention Coalition- Bike helmet, car seats, fire safety, smoke detector, poison prevention and home safety projects. Call 410-876-4448.
--Lead Education- Programs to educate, serve and protect pregnant and parenting families with children from birth to age 6. Call 410-876-4448.
8) GYNECOLOGY: Offers pregnancy testing and counseling; colposcopy examination and follow-up of abnormal pap smears; breast and cervical cancer screening. Call 410-876-4930 or 4932.
9) NUTRITION: Offers counseling (by physician referral), presentations and information. Call 410-876-4981.
10) PERSONAL CARE: Offers assistance in activities of daily living in the home for persons on Medical Assistance. Call 410-876-4949 or 4954.
11) SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE: Provides testing, treatment and education. Call 410-876-4770.
12) VITAL RECORDS:
--Forms and applications for requesting certified copies of death certificates. (this service is provided to Funeral Directors Only) Call 410-876-2152 or 410-857-5000.
--Process applications for certified copies of birth certificates for persons born in Maryland. For information on the appropriate identification/information required call 410-876-2152.
--Archive deaths for Carroll County. Call 410-875-3390 or 410-876-2152.
13) COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING: Offers assessment, consultation, education and home visits. Call 410-876-4900.
14) HEALTHY START: Offers assessment and education; in-home visits for pregnant women, infants and children who have Medical Assistance. Call 410-876-4942.
15) GERIATRIC EVALUATION SERVICES: Offers evaluation and coordination of services for the elderly. Call 410-876-4949.
16) ADULT EVALUATION and REVIEW SERVICES (AERS): Offers comprehensive evaluations for aged and functionally disabled adults and children.
17) MEDICAID MANAGED CARE: Offers eligibility enrollment for pregnant women and children. Ombudsman services, noncompliant outreach, and patient education. Call 410-876-4940 or 4960.
18) CHRONIC DISEASE PREVENTION: Provides education, screening and work site wellness. Call 410-876-4949.
19) CORE SERVICE AGENCY (CSA): Coordinates mental health care and makes referrals for persons with severe mental illness. Advocates for consumer needs in a managed care environment. Program serves all ages. Call 410-876-4800.
20) COLORECTAL SCREENING: Provides individuals 50 years of age or older with screenings for colorectal cancer. Call 410-876-4443 or 4966 for information on free Colorectal Cancer Screening. Must qualify financially.
21) SEASONAL FLU: Provides dates and locations for local flu clinics. Also, visit the website for a complete listing of current local flu clinics.
22) NALOXONE TRAINING: Offers an educational program that includes an understanding of opioids, recognizing signs and symptoms of an overdose, proper rescue breathing techniques, proper administration of naloxone, and care for the individual until the paramedics arrive. Individuals must be 18 and older related to and/or working with individuals dealing with opiate substance use. Provided to family members, caregivers, guardians, and health/human service workers. Call for the Overdose Response Training days and times.
Core Service Agency:
290 South Center Street
290 South Center Street
Agency: Carroll County Health Department
Languages Available: Interpreters provided. Language Line Available.
Payment Description: Accepts private insurance, Medicaid, private pay, Medicare and offers a sliding fee scale.
Intake and Eligibility: Open to any Carroll County resident.