OVERVIEW: Offers traditional education from kindergarten through high school as well as special education programs.
Vision Statement: To raise up all children to their potential with caring relationships, high expectations, and rigorous and relevant learning so that all students graduate ready for college and careers.
Mission Statement: To ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and attitudes which enable them to be caring human beings and productive members of a democratic society.
1) CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION: Provides an educational program for students in pre-kindergarten through 12th grade. Special education services are provided at each school. Students may elect to attend the Allegany County Center for Career and Technical Education during their junior and senior years for career and technical training.
2) SCHOOL-COMMUNITY CENTERS PROGRAM: After-school programs are available at the elementary and middle school levels through grant funding. These programs provide extended academic programming to support students.
3) SPECIAL EDUCATION: Provides a plan for children ages birth to 21 who are in need of special education and related services due to diagnosed disability.
4) PUPIL SERVICES: Provides psychologists, pupil personnel workers and guidance counselors to offer counseling, psychological testing and other services to students who are having career concerns or experiencing problems in attendance, achievement or behavior.
5) FOOD SERVICES: Offers free or reduced fee breakfast and lunch programs to students who qualify. The income guidelines are set by the federal government and have been adopted across the state. A meal benefit application must be completed and returned to the school.
Effective July 1, 2019- June 30, 2020
Income Eligibility for Reduced/Free Meals:
Number in Household Free Meals Reduced Meals
1 $16,237 $23,107
2 $21,983 $31,284
3 $27,729 $39,461
4 $33,475 $47,638
5 $39,221 $55,815
6 $44,967 $63,992
7 $50,713 $72,169
8 $56,459 $80,346
For each additional family member add $5,746 for free meals and $8,177 for reduced price meals.
108 Washington Street
108 Washington Street
Agency: Allegany County Board of Education
Languages Available: English
Payment Description: Free except for select courses (i.e. dual enrollment)
Intake and Eligibility: Children ages pre-kindergarten though twelfth grade.